Banbury Gardeners complete the garden design and build to this rear garden in Middleton Cheney, Oxfordshire. Designed By Alexander John of Banbury Gardeners and built by Mark Wilson of Banbury Paving and Fencing.
This private south facing garden now commands interest i the following areas:
- A raised corner patio built in local ironstone with Indian sandstone paving with planting pockets.
- A trellis screen against the owners garage wall for the growing of a Wisteria Sinensis, Clematis armandii and Clematis Cirrhosa Wisley Cream.
- A further raised bed providing height and interest along the rear wall with garden lighting to light up the planting in the evening hours. Planting in this bed consists of a mature Fig (Fiscus Brown Turkey), Fatsia, Hydrangea and a collection of dwarf prostrate conifers.
- A circular stone centre-piece bed of the garden provides a home to an ancient Olive tree with gnarly trunk with a slate chipping mulch bed to keep maintenance to a minimum.
- Planting along the left side of garden consisting of a mature variegated privet (Ligustrum ovalifolium aureum), Magnolia Grandiflora and a collection of other low maintenance mid-ground planting to provide year round interest.
- Removal of the old lawn to a spades depth over the entire garden and new top soil installed with Ryegrass turf.
- Finally a new patio installed across the rear of the property using the Indian sandstone paving once again for continuity.
The garden owners had a good collection of Instant Impact plants which we incorporated into the new garden as this give the instant interest with varying heights and foliage textures. We will be carrying out onward garden maintenance to this garden in 2018 to include lawn treatments by Banbury Lawncare.
Garden Design and Build Gallery
GET in Touch
BOOK your FREE garden design consultation now. We are now actively taking bookings for Spring 2018. Fully booked already till April 2018 so don’t delay. One garden service company for your your garden needs. We Design, We Build, We Plant and We Maintain your garden or outside space.