Banbury Gardeners welcome a new project this month as our last project for 2018 with garden expected to be completed by 21st December. This property is a recent build in the village enjoying a canalside position. Garden works include the supply of a new planting scheme to the raised garden borders around the perimeter of the garden.
Garden planting to feature elements of a cottage garden style but to be low maintenance in its longer-term care. Feature plants have been added to the North Wall raised border to give height and interest from the rear living space at the rear of the property. Planting on the North wall to include:
- Rosa banks Lutea – A semi-evergreen climbing rose bearing yellow flowers on green leafy stems
- Rosa Mme Alfred Carriere – a reliable white flowering climbing rose ideal for a North facing aspect
- Ilex Argentea marginata – Use of topiary lollipops to give the garden border height and the cream variegated foliage adds warmth to the planting scheme in the dreary months of the year.
- Pittosporum Silver Queen – to add touches of crisp green and white freshness to the garden border as a good foliage contrast
- Argentian Vervain – with its tall spikes of purple flowers to encourage insects and provide summer height interest
- Helleborus Summer Wine – Winter flowering Christmas roses with silver-grey foliage and lovely warm yellow flowers December to March
Planting in the other garden borders will consist of Foxgloves, Salvias, Helleborus, Lavenders, Old English Shrub Roses and further Pittosporums. The bank along the west boundary of the property will feature a new English style hedge to fit in with the conservation area of the locality and underplanted with evergreen carpeting plants called Pachysandra terminalis. Further planting of root contained Mint and other herbs include Golden Oregano and trailing Thyme. A feature wooden obelisk planted with a yellow climbing rose called Arthur Bell and a purple-flowered Clematis called Viticella Etoile Violette to screen and detract the eye from the existing telegraph pole in the raised bed
A new lawn will be added on completion of all the garden planting and mulching of the garden borders using a ryegrass turf laid on a soil based loam.
Get in Touch
Contact us for your FREE garden consultation. We provide FREE advice and ideas to help you make your garden low maintenance yet capture all that is important in your garden requirements. Full plant supply service and planting. All costs in writing and plants come with a 1-year guarantee on completion of garden planting.