Alexander John Garden Design & Maintenance are pleased to unveil this modern, contemporary low maintenance garden completed late summer of this year. This is one of our proudest projects to date. The full garden build commenced in late July 2018 with the construction of all the hard landscaping. Located close the heart of Banbury this garden enjoys and East / West Aspect and is now extremely private and no longer overlooked.
- New prestige smooth Quartzitic sandstone paving. The lightly sandblasted and brushed finish gives the sawn surface a modern, stylish and elegant feel to the new garden.
- An elevated patio at one end of the garden finished with modern rounded bullnose steps to enable the user to explore the garden from a different angle.
- The addition of raised bed planters in concrete block faced with a wall cladding tiles to match the sandstone paving. All areas then pointed with a buff/cream pointing.
- The addition of Privacy screening trees on two of the boundary fences to provide evergreen interest and year-round color. Dark green glossy foliage producing bright pillar box red foliage when young. Producing small white flowers mid to late spring.
- All trees feature an integrated irrigation system and the owners have the opportunity to add garden spike spotlights to give the new garden interest after dark and make a great entertaining space.
- Ground beds around the patio are planted with a limited planting color scheme but planted ‘en masse’. Primary colors are White, Blue and Green. Features Plants include Pittosporum Golf Ball, Agapanthus Headbourne Hybrid and Agapanthus Alba, Lavender Vera, Carex Evergold, Stipa Gigantica, Dianthus Miss Sinkins, Allium Purple Sensation, Heuchera Plum Pudding.
- A new lawn has been installed using broad leaved ryegrass turf, kept to a good thickness in order to create a cushion effect underfoot. Lawn features a block paved mowing edge to reduce maintenance further.
- A feature wall has been created at the end of the garden next to the upper patio using Trachleospermum jasminoides in diamond shapes on the wall to create a backdrop to the brickwork. This evergreen climber has twining woody stems with glossy dark green oval leaves turning deep red in winter. Clusters of very fragrant white flowers becoming cream with age from June to August. This is underplanted with further Allium Purple Sensation, Heuchera Plum Pudding, Lavender, Carex, Dianthus, and Pittosporum.
The Completed Garden
Start your Dream Garden here
- Have you got a tired garden of just feeling uninspired and would like a fresh outlook on your outside space?
- Have ideas on what you would like but not sure how to go about integrating them together? Then get in touch today and we would be pleased to help you on your garden journey.
Contact us for your 1st FREE Contemporary garden design appointment.
We are based in Banbury, Oxfordshire and cover a 20-25-mile radius to come and see you. We Design, We Build, We Plant and We Maintain your Garden. BOOK today, Don’t Delay. Presently fully booked for January -March now taking bookings from April 2019 onwards.