All Change at South Newington
Banbury Gardeners have been providing long-term garden maintenance and lawn treatment services to this garden for a good while now and the original garden was looking rather tired and overgrown. We have been carrying out further new planting works to the garden and adding features to reduce the maintenance where possible. See the enclosed gallery of garden changes. New low maintenance planting to be added in January and February 2019. Come back soon to see the changes.
Garden changes to date
- Installation of a new close board boundary fence to the rear garden and creation of a Raised Rose garden interplanted with Cottage garden favorites
- Creation of a raised bed vegetable garden in timber sleepers to provide home-grown produce for the house and to involve the children in growing food
- Renewing of the brick pathways around the Ornamental garden where weathering and frost has blown the original brickwork
- The addition of a new brick path into the Ornamental garden from the south boundary
- Creation and Installation of New slatted compost bins to help recycle garden waste and return to the garden after composting
- Creation and Update of a new path along the rear of the garden using Indian sandstone in a brown multi shade with brick edging to raise the border height.
- New border edge create to provide space for growing low maintenance evergreen planting in the light shade in the Spring to summer months
- Creation of a new set of steps set into the side of the upper lawn providing access down to the ornamental garden
- New pathway at the side of raised lawn with sandstone stepping stones laid in gravel on a weed suppressant membrane with brick edging
- Extension stone wall on the upper lawn from raised rose garden to stone shed and leveling out of the lawn.
Garden planting schemes for 2019
The following planting schemes will be added to the new garden border areas in January and February 2019
- New planting of Old English roses and Herbaceous perennials on the upper raised lawn border to the stone store
- The new border along the edge of the raised lawn wall featuring further roses and fragrant lavender hedging
- Evergreen Low maintenance planting in the Ornamental garden parterre
- Evergreen shade loving plants on the North Boundary of the garden raised wall borders
- Low Maintenance planting in the quadrant borders surrounding the Ornamental garden
Get in Touch
Contact us for your FREE Garden makeover or garden update appointment. We are now booking new projects for Spring 2019. Don’t Delay, January – March now fully booked. We also provide a Plant Sourcing service should this be of interest. We look forward to welcoming you in 2019. Happy Gardening.