Banbury Gardeners have had yet another busy season in 2018. This garden near Thorpe Mandeville has been undergoing some major transformation and replanting works over the year including some garden stoneworks to the quadrant garden.
Quadrant Garden Borders
Banbury Gardeners complete a new garden border planting scheme to this garden located close to Thorpe Mandeville. The original planting scheme was tired and rather dated so a new scheme has been created to suit the owner’s wishes. The scheme draws on a planting scheme similar to that of a National Trust property with the use of Old English Shrubs roses, and cottage garden favorites. The new borders have been made deeper and have been well prepared with new compost and feed to improve the soil crumb structure. The works are defined into two areas noted as the Kitchen border and West Border. The west border is provided protection and screening from an existing Portuguese laurel hedge.
Autumn Planting Works
This section relates to other areas of the garden that have undergone further additions and new planting schemes. These include:
- New Portugues laurel hedge to the west boundary of the garden driveway close to the house
- New Conifer hedging alongside the tennis court to provide further symmetry in line with the existing hedge.
- Addition of 3 feature Canadian maples to act as focal points on the south side of the tennis court.
- New planting beneath the silver-leafed weeping pear with Winter and Spring flowering Cyclamen
- Additional planting of White Hellebores to the ericaceous well garden and the extra planting of rhododendrons and Camelias.
- Trimming of one of the tennis court hedges and edging the base and mulching works.
- Existing sleeper raised beds will be changed around to feature soft fruit in one bed and herbs in the other. (images to follow in a later post)
Get in Touch
Contact us for your FREE Garden border planting scheme. We can provide border color schemes to a set color (s) of your choosing. Roses and Herbaceous are our specialties but Low maintenance planting schemes are also possible. We offer FREE advice and ideas to help you make the most of your outside space.