Alexander John Garden Design & Maintenance are pleased to unveil the Hook Norton Cottage garden makeover. Designed in the early part of 2017 and constructed through 2017 and into 2018. This garden located close to the village center has been one of our biggest and most enjoyable projects builds to date. The design and planting scheme was an absolute joy and pleasure to create for the client. Thankfully the client was after a garden that was more heavy planting than hard landscaping. Yet the hard landscaping bought the garden together.
A south facing garden on a downward slope with the need to make maintenance easier and in time to work on the garden room principle. This will become more evident once the garden matures over time. The new garden features the following features:
- Circular lawn with radiating curved pathway and curved beds in the upper garden
- Border edging with Lavender Hidcote to create a fragrant hedge and to attract Bees
- Zoned planting schemes to garden with Hot Color plants to one side and Cool Color planting to the other
- Feature trees to provide the garden with height with colored foliage, berries, and flowers and to encourage birds
- Feature boundary trellis work to echo the overall design of the garden theme
- Narrow Granite sett paving providing access around the entire garden
- Two tier pool with Waterfall, planted with pond and marginal plants
- The lower garden area with a feature seating/viewpoint overlooking the valley beyond
- Further planting to provide interest from insects and create movement with the use of grasses to stimulate the senses.
- The client has added further features like birdhouse/table and feeders
- The garden now benefits from a bespoke greenhouse added post garden completion for the growing and overwintering of any tender garden plants
Contact us for your FREE Garden design consultation appointment. We can provide numerous ideas to help you make the most of your garden. We offer FREE costings, ideas and mood boards to help you visualize your new garden before any hard landscaping work takes place. Now booking new inquiries for September 2018 – February 2019.